The Association Coordinator is responsible for effectively managing the affairs of the School Nutrition Association (SNA) of Virginia (SNA-VA), responding to the needs of members and assisting the Executive Board in reaching the goals set forth by the association.
Education: Associates Degree in Business preferred; or a combination of experience and education equivalency.
Knowledge and Experience: Knowledge of school nutrition is highly desirable.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and Power Point, graphics, Publisher – and other computer software required for presentations, communications and research.
- Strong customer service skills developed through customer service-oriented work environment experience.
- Ability to be self-directed in daily tasks and work independently.
- Ability to work successfully as a part of a team to achieve results.
- Willingness to perform a variety of administrative tasks throughout the organization and demonstrate a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to manage own workload, meet deadlines and shift priorities.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to organizational change.
- Initiative and ability to follow through on projects.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- New hires must submit to pre-employment background check.
MEMBERS: Works with school nutrition and industry members on a daily basis.
EXTERNAL: Works with various vendors, including printers, hotel staff, etc. on a regular basis.
Works with affiliated organizations as needed.
Business Operations and Administration
- Works cooperatively with the Treasurer and Accountant to maintain Association compliance with federal and state tax laws.
- Maintains charter and incorporation in compliance with state requirements.
- Implements all approved programs, projects and major activities assigned by the Executive Board.
- Acts as custodian of all property belonging to the Association.
- Recommends computer systems, office equipment and other technology needed to maintain an efficient office.
- Maintains an organized physical workspace and properly maintains Association records.
- Conveys leadership ability through proper, professional appearance and active presence at all times.
- Works with the board and others to actively promote the Association.
- Responds to membership phone calls, letters and e-mails in a timely manner.
- Assists with preparing ballots, validating and counting votes.
- Prepares Leadership Handbooks for new Executive Board and Chapter Presidents
- Participates in State Conference, Supervisor/Industry Conference, and Leadership Retreat. Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing registration
- Completing name badges
- Preparing and distributing information to industry including industry membership application and information, sponsorship opportunities, exhibitor information, and information for Breakfast/Lunch with Industry sessions
- Preparing printed materials including agendas, conference programs, flyers, etc.
- Coordinating fund-raisers
- Developing and maintaining data base on the following information for each event:
- Hotel accommodations
- Meeting rooms
- Meal counts and menus
- Completes weekly time sheet and forward to the Treasurer and the President.
- Participates in professional development activities, such as VDOE summer workshop, to improve knowledge and skills of profession.
- Executes all decisions of the Executive Board.
- Provides guidance and support to committee chairs and committees.
- Maintains copies of official minutes of Executive Board and other official meetings of the Association.
- Provides security for files, legal and historical documents, membership and mailing lists.
- Coordinates meetings of the Executive Board, Finance Committee, Industry Advisory Board and Regional Directors.
- Disseminates information regarding bylaw changes to the Governing Group, tallies votes from the Governing Group, and reports results to the Executive Board.
- Provides periodic reports to the Executive Board as directed.
- Processes Chapter affiliations and sends copies to Membership Chair.
- Supports programs and services sponsored by SNA and SNA-VA.
- Supports the current President’s plan of action.
- Disseminates information from SNA regarding membership drives, recruitment strategies and timelines.
- Coordinates SNA-VA membership activities and strategies with SNA-VA Membership Chair and President.
- Assists membership committee with promotions, recruitment, and retention programs.
- Provides current membership group lists by district, executive board, committees and director category as needed.
- Processes 100% Membership applications for awards.
- Provides membership statistics for budget development.
- Continuously updates addresses in SNA-VA files and notify SNA as information is received from members.
- Assists committees to conduct research for related projects; prepares reports and publishes results on subjects deemed of importance to the membership.
- Serves as a member of the Finance Committee.
- Identifies cost-saving measures and makes recommendations to the Finance Committee.
- Recommends new sources of revenues as evidenced by networking with other Administrative Assistants, Executive Directors, etc. from other states.
- Assists the Finance Committee with investment decisions and maintains investment records as evidenced by reports to the Executive Committee (Renewing Certificates of Deposit).
- Assists the Finance Committee in preparing Annual Association budget.
- Communicates with Treasurer and accountant to insure that all taxes and reports required by IRS are submitted in a timely manner.
- Receives funds, makes deposits and completes detailed deposit spreadsheet for the Treasurer.
- Negotiates rental agreement for SNA-VA office space and other services needed to maintain an efficient office.
- Takes and accurately transcribes minutes at Executive Board, Finance Committee, and Industry Advisory Board Meetings.
- Provides template forms for Executive Board Reports.
- Disseminates completed Executive Board Reports in advance of Executive Board Meeting.
- Serves as Managing Editor of The News.
- Works with the President to promote and maintain cooperative and close working relationships with state officials, agency administrators, industry and others bearing responsibility for direct or indirect services to the school nutrition program.
- Disseminates pertinent information to Executive Board in between meetings as needed.
- Contacts new directors and invites them to join SNA-VA.
- Assists in preparing communications to the general membership which includes, but not limited to general mailings, news releases, etc.
- Creates and maintains up-to-date e-mail distribution lists.
- Forwards information for the SNA-VA web site to the Communications Coordinator.
- Assists with the planning and administration of SNA-VA meetings and conferences in accordance with procedures.
- Assists committees and Regional Directors with meetings as needed.
- Develops and maintains data base working with time and place and conference chair:
- Conference site – number and/or percentage of registrations to membership, based on location.
- Conference exhibitors
- Attends Executive Board, Regional Directors, Industry Advisory, Finance Committee, State Conference, Richmond Day on the Hill, State Association Executives Meeting, National Leadership Conference and ANC.
Receives general supervision from the SNA-VA leadership team. Independent judgment requiring discretion is required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
FLSA CATEGORY: Non-exempt
GENERAL WORK ENVIRONMENT FACTORS:
Some travel involved including weekends.
HIRING RANGE: $36,000-$40,000
WORK LOCATION: Negotiable, within the Commonwealth of Virginia
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. For questions, call (757) 813-0690.